Contact Me!

Have a book I should read? Have a comment on a review? Have an idea? Contact me @ kdeestone20@gmail.com

Friday, January 31, 2014

Review for The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker

This book screamed for promise. It really did. I love to read cheesy romance novels that are based off of fairy tales, but this one was sad (as in missed the mark, not as in emotionally sad).

It is a remake of the frog prince, where the princess has to kiss the frog so he can become a prince again, but ends up a frog herself. Yes, a remake of that one again. Disney's disappointed me, and so did this one.

This book was bland, I did not like the characters, they all seemed to be children trying to be adults, and it was too quick of scene changes. You would begin learning about a character, or scenery, and then it was over. 

The one thing I did like was that it didn't waste any time with a backstory (because there was no time for one), so the action began from page one.

I tried to read the second one, but I just couldn't.

1 and a half books


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your favorite of My Favorite Stand-Alones?